A food franchise can be a fun and profitable business opportunity. Learn more about different types and discover which is best for you.
Why a Food Franchise Is a Good Idea
You may have dreamed about opening your own restaurant or might just be looking for your next lucrative investment opportunity. Maybe both! However, starting a restaurant from scratch can be challenging. You’ll have to create a brand, write up a business plan, find a location, and create relationships with suppliers to launch your own business, while also managing unpredictable costs within a budget.
A better way to fulfill your dream is to consider buying a food franchise. With a franchise, you start your business with a lot of advantages. From the jump, a franchise already has a presence in the market with a recognizable name. They also have a tried-and-true business plan for you to utilize. Often, a franchisor will help you find a location in a desirable area with lots of customer traffic and demand. Franchise restaurants also come with buying power as the result of established relationships with suppliers. And while no business is a slam dunk, franchises have a degree of financial transparency divulged in their Financial Disclosure Document (FDD) so you can assess the health of the company before you invest.
The most profitable segment of the food franchise business is fast food. While franchise restaurants in general outperformed independently owned and operated establishments during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, fast food franchises were especially able to adapt to a challenging economic environment. They were already the least expensive to operate with their focused menus and were uniquely positioned to respond to consumers’ demands for delivery, take-out, drive-thru, curbside pickup, mobile ordering, and apps. This trend will likely continue as fast food is expected to reach a value of over $209 billion by 2027.
Five types of fun and profitable food franchise opportunities
Food franchise opportunities can be financially rewarding and there are a few different types to consider on your path to ownership. Let’s explore some of the top choices in food franchise ownership so you can decide what’s the right fit for you.
- Burgers: Burgers are an American classic and always a favorite. When people want burgers, nothing else will do! A well operated burger franchise with an established presence in the market could become a fun and profitable choice of business to own.
- Pizza: With their focused menu, and convenient delivery and pick-up options, pizza franchises are a perennial option for business owners in the food industry.
- Chicken: Chicken is having a moment as consumer tastes have broadened beyond just fried chicken. Healthier roasted birds as well as sandwiches, wraps and bowls are trending.
- Sandwiches: Speaking of sandwiches, along with the convenience of picking food up, consumers want foods they can eat on the go. Demand is high for sandwiches with many brands offering them on their menus.
- Coffee: Cafés offering coffee and baked goods often enjoy lots of foot traffic, and can be found in urban and suburban centers, as well as university towns. Consumers in need of caffeinated beverages make for good repeat business.
Wayback to Your Future
Wayback Burgers is a fast-casual franchise offering timeless food that never goes out of style. Our honest, delicious, uncomplicated food makes us a top choice in the fast-casual dining market, and we take that same approach to working with all our franchisees.
With 170+ locations and already operating in over 35 states, Wayback Burgers is looking to expand into top target growth markets. As a new franchisee, you won’t have to guess where to open your restaurant. We collect data to identify strong markets where we’re bound to find new guests and create thriving new franchise owners.
We stand apart from the competition by providing franchisees every opportunity to succeed. Failure is not in our DNA. With a well-honed business model, a refined and focused menu of new and traditional staples, and unwavering guidance and support from our leadership team, the choice to own a Wayback Burgers food franchise is positively sizzling. Discover more about your future with Wayback Burgers. Fill out this form and one of our representatives will be in touch.