This year’s National Cheeseburger Day (September 18) was a huge success at Wayback Burgers. To honor this annual day, Wayback featured its Cheeeesy Burger as a buy-one-get-one free (BOGO) offer at all participating restaurants to anyone who had already downloaded the Wayback Burgers app.
Americans showed that they love cheese—especially Cheeeesy Burgers at Wayback. In fact, Wayback Burgers sold 5,451 Cheeesy Burgers systemwide. This mouthwatering burger, which includes four slices of cheese and two beef patties sandwiched between an inverted, grilled, and buttered bun, accounted for 30.5 percent of the company’s burger category sales on National Cheeseburger Day. Wayback’s Classic Burger, which includes two slices of cheese, lettuce tomato, pickles, onions, mustard and ketchup, was the second most popular offering, accounting for 23 percent of burger category sales.
“We are thrilled with the success of our BOGO National Cheeseburger Day campaign featuring our fan-favorite Cheeeesy Burgers,” says Wayback Burgers President John Eucalitto. “We challenged our team to execute a holiday-themed promotion that encouraged our guests to download and engage with the new Wayback Burgers app. As the numbers show, the BOGO sparked serious interest in our app while also driving impressive in-store traffic. We can’t wait to celebrate the holiday with a similarly powerful campaign next year.”
Across the country, Wayback experienced a significant bump in sales for this annual event. Specifically, there was:
- An 11.28% increase in same-date, same-store comps over the previous year
- A 32.35% increase in same-day, same-store comps over the previous year
- 147.54% higher Tuesday sales from the previous four Tuesdays
Wayback’s social media campaign was also a huge success, too – as demonstrated by the thousands of likes, shares, clicks, and new followers leading up to National Cheeseburger Day:
- 2,099 total Instagram likes and over 600 new Instagram followers
- 1.2 million impressions driven by Facebook posts promoting the BOGO deal
- 1,502 total engagements on Facebook (likes, comments and shares)
- 6,823 likes on Influencer posts
- 5,324 total clicks to Levelup, Wayback app landing page
- 25,000 downloads of the LevelUp app
- And countless fantastic media hits (TV, print, online, etc.) in dozens of markets around the country
Wayback Burgers Senior Vice President, Patrick Conlin, says the Wayback marketing team is excited to continue to build on successful, timely campaigns, like this National Cheeseburger Day BOGO promotion and the annual First Day of Summer hit, Free Shake Day, to keep the momentum moving forward.
“In today’s fast-paced, technologically-driven world, it’s imperative to keep pursuing creative, eye-catching campaigns,” says Wayback Burgers Senior Vice President, Patrick Conlin. “National Cheeseburger Day was a fantastic in-store promotion that proved effective as a digital marketing and social media strategy. It increased app downloads while driving sales at restaurants from coast to coast. We look forward to executing similarly impactful integrated marketing campaigns in the future.”